March 24, 2009
So, as always - it has been a while since writing last. This time tho, things are all positive! Not to jinx things, as I usually feel like I do, but everything to write about today is all good. =)
So, as always - it has been a while since writing last. This time tho, things are all positive! Not to jinx things, as I usually feel like I do, but everything to write about today is all good. =)
Yesterday, Alexa turned 6 months old. Since the last posting about her, we took her to have an MRI. And altho the process was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, Alexa did wonderful (better than mommy) and the results were completely "normal". Since then we have been told to watch her eyes very carefully and just wait until the next step with the doctors. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I took her to see another Opthamologist for a second opinion and he thought she couldn't have looked better. Yeay! He admitted he was seeing her much later, but as of that day, he thought everything looked excellent. To top it all off, she had her 6 month appt today with her pediatrician and she cancelled our follow up with the neurologist. So all in all, it seems as if she has just been delayed in her eye development. Whether this means she may be delayed in other developmental milestones, they don't know. But for now it looks good. She is working on eating solids, balancing in "tri-pod" position, blowing raspberries and babbling a lot. She is still sleeping 6pm to 6am, but naps... well, that's another issue.
Now for her sister, Miss Skyler. As you can see from the picts below she wrote her name for the very first time the other day at school. She even did it again for the teacher who said she wanted one to keep too. I was so excited! Mostly because she has been learning to do this all on her own! We don't practice writing letters or anything like that. But about a year ago, just started randomly picking letters to try and draw. In an older post, I posted a drawing that she did of her "people"? Well, I was so excited about it, that I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it - asking her to draw people for me all the time. Needless to say, she totally stopped doing it . Well - I learned my lesson, and I am going to keep the enthusiasm in check and let her take the lead. I also need to realize that this includes classes too. And just because all of our friends are taking ballet, doesn't mean that we have to! lol
In other matters, we recently we to Big Bear to go sledding and just enjoy the snow - and it was Skyler's very first time. She had a great time, up until she started coming down with croup. We all figured it was just the elevation, but when we got home the next day, she had this crazy barking cough and a fever. This winter has NOT been good to us - and as much as I lover the colder, cloudy weather, I am looking forward to the warm weather just to get some good immune systems going. For our next trip, we are headed to Hawaii this April to get away for a couple weeks. We will spend a week in Maui and then a week over in Kona. Can we afford it? Not in the least. But when you need a vacation as badly as we do, you can overlook just about anything. ; ) On that note, Daddy is working his butt off to support us in this crazy economy and we are very thankful that he has a job. I however, am still at a standstill trying to figure out if I can start freelancing again and have it even come close to balancing out the cost that is daycare and preschool. I miss it, and would truly LOVE to be able to hire a nanny again to help with Alexa. It just isn't possible tho, and I don't know what another solution might be. I realize how unbelievably lucky I was to be able to be home with Skyler and work at the same time..
On a final note, more silly things from our silly 3 year old: "Skyler-isms part 2"
Re: freeway traffic -
"I have an idea Mom. You can put your head out the window and tell other cars 'Move out of the way! I need to go home now!'"
(from my future road rager)
Re: Moving closer to her cousins in San Diego -
"We can't move closer to them Mom... Because we can't move our house. It's too big! We would need our whole family to try and pick it up!"
Re: Lights in a restaurant -
"We should take 2 of those lights and bring them home to fix the two lights that are broken above our table."
Re: Escalators -
"Mommy quick! We need to run over there fast, so we can go all the way up the alligator!"
Re: Brushing teeth
"I really love my teeth a lot. So if I brush my teeth all day, then I can have lot of candy... Right?"
Re: Trying Cotton Candy -
"This tastes like fur."
=) til next time

First time writing her name
1 comments:
I am so happy that things are looking good for the girls! I think the vacation to Hawaii will be great for you all to get some sun and relax and have fun! :) I am - as always - in awe of how big Sky has gotten, especially seeing pictures of Alexa in the fuzzy hat and with the toys I remember Sky learning to play with! I wish I was closer to come help out, I loved playing with Skyler! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment