"My People"

October 13, 2008
I know it goes without saying that we are so, so proud of anything our children do. But when I saw Skyler drawing this the other day at school I almost fell over. I was so proud!! I caught sight of it out of the corner of my eye and when I asked her what it was, she simply said "It's 'My People'". I asked her to describe it and she went on to point out the head, eyes, mouth, eyebrows and cheeks. Beaming, I asked if I could keep it and she said yes. (good thing, because I was practically grabbing it out of her hands)


After we got home that night - I couldn't resist. I asked her if she would draw another picture. This time she did a family portrait. =) As she did it, I watched as she again described what she was drawing. VERY amusing, so I had to add our names to each of her people in my scan. Please take note of a few details in this - Skyler gets the extreeeemely long legs (cuz we are always telling her how big/tall she is). Alexa - well, actually looks like the baby, with little round cheeks and all. Dave gets the big eyebrows. And lastly - the green head on me that got added after my face was drawn - well...yes, that seems to be how I am feeling (and looking) lately, due to the many sleepless nights of having a newborn. ; )
skyler self portrait
family portrait

4 comments:

Cathy O said...

Wow, that is so cool, and what a keeper!

The Beard Family of 5 said...

that is the most beautiful family portrait I've ever seen! I would honestly frame it and put it up somewhere, it's precious!

Becky said...

Somehow you all resemble "baby Stewie" from the family guy. What a priceless drawing. Like I said yesterday, I can't wait until Cammy can draw and do arts and crafts. Your family portrait is very natural in pose. I love it.

Deb said...

Chris, she is sooo talented! No surprise! Look who her parents are! I can't wait (well, yes I can -- I want to savor all the in between time) to see what she grows up to be!