The hardest week ever

October 27, 2008
I'm sure I have said that more than once in the past 2.95 years... but this time it sure feels like it is true. Dave and I have put to the test many times with our oh-so-spirited daughter... emotions run so high with Skyler that even when you think you are reacting quick enough for her, you can actually make things worse. Sometimes you can make her even MORE emotional just by trying to help her out of a tough situation. 

Anyway - I knew Sky might have a tough time having Alexa around, but I think it has hit it's high point this last week, and we are at our wits end. I am trying SO hard to be patient, cuz I know deep down she is having a difficult time. But she has turned into a different girl! Tantrums, disobeying, hitting, screaming, crying over nothing in particular - you name it, and it pretty much describes our daughter right now. That and telling me "Please Mommy! Don't feed her! Play with me!" ={ Please please, someone tell me that it will get better! We are trying so hard to give her some individual time - which seems to help. But sadly, in the mean time, Dave and I are practically walking on eggshells with her - hoping she won't throw herself to the ground because daddy made her toast wrong. (sorry hon - had to throw that in there. ; )

In the mean time, we still continue to get some adorable pictures like this one that remind me that with everything we went through to have children, we are now blessed with our 2 beautiful girls that we love. By the way - thank you for all the compliments on the blog photo at the top. The funny thing is that Sky was just not having it that day and it was just complete chance that we got that photo at all! (This photo below however, luckily was Skyler's idea - right down to "Take a picture of me Mama!")

Skyler almost 3 years old, Alexa 1 month old

2 comments:

Cathy O said...

Just to make you feel better, I *still* have not gotten a photo of Seth holding the babies (who are now nearly 1 year old toddlers) However, the rest of it, crazy 2-3 year old behavior, had not really gotten better for us. It comes and goes, this week has been really bad. Just wait until Alexa can touch, and then take, Skyler's things. AHG! Don't feel too bad if you lose patience, sometimes I'm actually mean to Seth because I am soooo mad at him. I try to keep it under control, but for instance, NO ONE took a nap yesterday, I wasn't doing well by the end of the day to say the least.

The Beard Family of 5 said...

I say ditto to everything Cathy said. I sit at night after they have gone to sleep and think, how could I be SO mad and so upset at these precious children? Well the answer is because they are 2/3/4. The hard times pass and the good times stand out thankfully. Skyler is at a naturally difficult age as well as having the newborn. Have you tried getting her involved in everything you do with Alexa? I had to do that big time...