My Girl Sky

As we play the waiting game to have the baby, I seem to be enjoying and appreciating Skyler more than ever lately. I'm sure it's very normal to feel like this, but I can't help but think of the past 3 years we have shared with her, and how much love she has brought us. Lately, she has been cracking us up non-stop. The conversations get longer and the awareness of everything just increases everyday. I love it! Here are just a few "Skyler-isms" that I managed to remember that made us laugh outloud. =)

• When naked, she will back herself up against us and say "I'm giving you butt kisses!" and burst into laughter.

• When driving by the Golden Spoon the other day - 
Skyler: "Mommy, I need some ice cream". 
Me: "Not now Skyler" 
Skyler: "But Mommy, I'm sick and it makes me feel soooo much better" 
Me: " You're sick?? Well then... we better go back home and get you to bed!"
Skyler: "No, I don't need to go home... I just need some ice cream to fix my cough! (gives me a fake cough) Then I will be allllll better." =)

• When I asked if she likes one of her new friends at school - "Ummm..... Just a little bit...(showing me with her fingers)... Not a WHOLE lot tho." (Gotta love the honesty of a toddler)

These 2 don't exactly speak well for Dave and me...

• When driving around in the car with me - "Mommy, you need to go get your coffee in the drive-thru??" 
(Umm... this is usually said on an everyday basis)

• Upon seeing Dave getting a Sierra Nevada at a restaurant - 
"Yeeeeaaaayyyy!!!! It's my favorite beer, Daddy!!!!" (and no - she doesn't go around drinking beer. I swear.)

And lastly - 

• In the car listening to Dave's music -  
Skyler: "Daddy, who is this singing?"
Dave: "This is Pearl Jam."
Skyler: "Oh..." Listens some more..
Dave: "Do you like it?"
Skyler: "Yeah...  (thinking about it some more) But I like Strawberry Jam... You like Pearl Jam, and I like Strawberry Jam!"

=) 

On that note - here is one of my favorite photos from the day she was born. I can't wait for her to meet her baby sister in the next few days. (I am now at 4 cm!)


Sweet girl Skyler, 1 day old  

2 comments:

Cathy O said...

She looks like Skyler, even that young. It will be neat to compare this pic to the ones of Alexa I'm sure are coming!

Peanut & Bean's Parents said...

You sound so happy Chris! Skyler is going to be a great big sister! Can't wait to "meet" the new little one.

Viki, Oliver & Owen