Summer, summer, summer!

Since I haven't written in a while, I thought I'd include some various recent summer outing picts. Sometimes I take for granted that we live in such a beautiful place to enjoy being outdoors until I see photos of little ones running about without a care in the world - it is truly priceless.

As several of you know now, our spirited daughter didn't exactly "take" to swim lessons this summer. We made it to 4 lessons - 4 of which Mommy and Daddy got in the pool, 3 of which Sky got in (you get the idea). The lessons started ok, and got progressively worse each time. We decided, rather than stressing ourselves (and her) out about it, we would just have a fun time in the water this summer. That being said - she loves the water. We have been in the park wading pools, her grandparents pool, sprinklers - you name it. 

We spent about 5 days down in San Diego again recently with family, and I don't think I've seen her have so much fun with her cousins Kayla and Carolyn. Normally, she is sorta the "ruler" of how she wants to play, but with her older cousins I think she really just enjoys following them everywhere, doing what they are doing, holding their hands. If they were not anywhere within her sight, she was asking where they were. Oh, and Dave and I managed to sneak away for a night of our own (a late birthday present for me =)... and I'm not too sure she even noticed we were gone!

The big event of that week was her very first trip to Legoland. She was SO excited about it in the previous weeks (I had been telling her about it and showing her pictures online.) She kept anticipating "big legos!" and rides. And as long as the rides weren't gonna be "too loud or too dark", she was in. I personally thought it was the perfect park for her age, and it did not disappoint. =)


Getting soaked at Wardlow Park with lovely Claire.
With cousins Carolyn and Kayla at Legoland 8/2008

0 comments: