So, since I knew that fireworks wouldn't sit well with Skyler this year (what with the Elmo show being too dark and too loud), we opted to go to the San Diego Zoo this year for the 4th of July. We are lucky enough to have family down in SD - Skyler's grandparents and cousins. And tho we usually spend the weekend in the pool, we thought maybe we should be making more use of all the fun places to go down there this summer. I'm not quite sure what happened last year, but Sky hasn't been to see the animals since she was 8 months old. So we braved the heat and set out, sans camera - and Dave did the best he could with his phone. (Ugh. Don't even get me started.For the 2nd time in a year, I have managed to lose our camera. Unbelievable.) Anyway - Skyler was very excited about it, and she pretty much determined our route for the day. It was quite amusing - she would tell us she wants to see the elephants - and then we would get to the elephants, and after seeing them for about 1 minute, she'd say "I wanna see the tiger", and so on and so on. Kept us on our toes!
Skyler the fly
Sitting high on a polar bear
Finally, I get to pet something!
Skyler, Mommy and Junior Bee

Wide eyed Skyler next to the sleepy tiger
3 comments:
She's so cute, I love the zoo. Not too shabby for a camera phone!
I wondered where you disappeared to! Looks like fun!
Love the SkyFly pic!
Post a Comment