First day of school

Last Monday Skyler finally started preschool! I don't think it could have gone any better - she absolutely loves it, and I too am totally at ease. =) On the first day, we got there really early so Sky could take it all in, meet the teachers, and see the kids coming in. I was hoping we could at least have a good first day, as far as me leaving and for that I thank her friend Quinnie (or, one of her "boyfriends" as she insists on saying). Having someone there she knew was my saving grace. I also realized it helped that she has been in daycare for 6 months, so that I could say it is the same thing: "You get to play, eat lunch, and I'll pick you up right after nap". She has now been there 4 days, and she is already giving her teachers hugs goodbye and saying "See you in a couple days everybody!" when she leaves. =) The best part is that after taking 2 years of Parent/Child classes at LBCC, I get to see the preschool follow so much of the same philosophy. 

All that being said, Dave and I are SO grateful that she didn't start school 2 months ago when she was going thru her separation anxiety phase - and the "I'm uncomfortable with everything" phase. It would have been sad and just torture on all of us. It was an extremely tough time on us anyway, let along having to leave her at a new school. The timing is perfect... and when the baby is here next month, the stability of school should help her a lot. The stars have finally aligned! ; )

First day with a new pair of bright pink shoes.
Welcome circle-time
Her "boyfriend" Quinnie
The beautiful campus at LBCC

2 comments:

The Beard Family of 5 said...

Very cool! I'm glad it all went so well... wow - Kyla's preschool that she'll be starting next month isn't nearly that pretty (o:

Cathy O said...

Yay Skyler! We're so glad you had a good time, I think its hard enough for mommies to let their kids go to school without having them cry as if they are being tortured. :) Not that I have any experience with that ;)