Daddy's Girl

Well - it's official. Skyler is a total daddy's girl. I don't know if all girls are like this at some point - but if both Dave and I are in the room, I am pretty much non-existent. She wants to play with him all the time and gets fairly upset if he has to leave the room (this even includes things like taking a shower). And while all this sounds just like the cutest thing ever, it's starting to get hard for me. I realize this sounds umm... childish?? lol. However, sometimes when she wants daddy to do something, and I try to do it instead, I get this alter-ego child who can scream like the exorcist, I swear! ("Nooooo Mommy!!") And heaven forbid I have to take something from her or make her do something. The other day I had to pull something out of her fingers and she screamed that I hurt her and went crying to daddy.  I realize that this is part of this "disequilibrium" stage she is going thru right now - and I am trying to be patient. But sometimes it just breaks my heart! She wakes up in the morning and the first thing she does is run past me to look for daddy. If he has gone into work early, she starts crying. Sigh.

On a positive note - when you watch them together, you can't help but laugh out loud. She's doing this "tickle, tickle, tickle!" thing and she chases him around trying to tickle him. She makes him wear one of her headbands in the morning - the black one because "Black is your favorite color, Daddy", and then she proceeds to pick out his shirt that he will wear to work (always the one with all the stars). The funniest thing they do in the mornings is to read her football book. In just a matter of weeks, he has somehow taught her all the professional football teams helmets. He points to the one that looks "like a tiger" and on cue, she says "Bengals". Points to the purple one and she says "Vikings". I need to get this on video. Can you say Proud Papa!? =) 





Huntington Beach down by the Pier.

3 comments:

DMc said...

Let the record reflect that, although Sky just learned all these random teams lately, she's known "Broncos" since she started speaking! - DMc

The Beard Family of 5 said...

That is hilarious about the football helmets! I love it. Not to make light of how you are feeling about daddy's girl, but I can almost guarantee that you'll wish for some daddy time when the new one arrives... she'll mysteriously decide that once her sister is her it's her turn with mommy again! (o: So sweet that they have so much fun together!

ErinBW said...

It's so great that they have such a strong bond!