My Sweetpea turned 2!

Sept 23, 2010

It's funny that when our little ones have a birthday we always look back and say "Wow - I can't believe they are so OLD!"

It's, of course, because our daily lives with our children is so completely time-consuming, event-filled and chaos-driven, that we don't even realize their little bodies getting bigger, their minds more intelligent and their words more articulate - all the while, losing more and more of their little baby fat. It takes a birthday, and old pictures of them as babies for us parents to really look at them and go "Holy crap! - where did the time go??" ...Or something like that.

This September, my darling Alexa turned the big 2! And when I see everything that she is doing, I get so blown away at how much a little one can grow in such a short year-span. She is FULL of such amazing personality, words, character and love that I just want to eat her up. 

Here are some photos from her special day. We decided to keep her birthday simple, with family - until she turns 3.  She also had an adorable celebration at her amazing daycare ("Renee's"), filled with cupcakes, balloons and presents too.

Happy Birthday to you, Alexa! We love you more than words can say. =) =) =)


(feel free to click on any of these photos to see the entire album)

 









0 comments: